Join our multidisciplinary team reaching across such fields as architecture, computer science, and traditional fabrication.
DEKA is a design and fabrication workshop located in West Oakland, specializing in complex architectural metalwork projects. We currently have a full-time opening for a talented metal fabricator to join our production and installation team. At DEKA, our working environment is built on people who can operate independently, while also working together as part of a multidisciplinary team to solve problems. Our projects can range from custom residential builds to multi-story screen facades to detailed public art installations using both traditional and nontraditional construction practices and materials. All projects are supported by in-house design and project management teams providing detailed drawings and models. DEKA takes pride in hiring for diversity of all kinds, and all qualified persons are highly encouraged to apply.
This full-time position is 9 am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
• Valid driver’s license
• Safely lifting heavy objects +80lb
• Basic Computer Skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Ability to work towards increased productivity without compromising quality
• Ability to read and comprehend shop drawings and fabrication documents
Metal Fabrication Qualifications
• 2-5 years of experience in metal fabrication required
• Proficient in MIG and TIG welding mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum required
• Machining proficiency on a milling machine and lathe is a plus
• AWS certification is a plus
• On-site installation experience a plus